Monday, July 23, 2012

Another Spell


"Whoa," I said, "Slow down.  I was thinking maybe I could lend my Pit-Gaurd-Ass-Kicking expertise or something.  What do you need bait for?"

"You cannot set a trap without it," Gavsot said simply.

"Maybe you don't need my help," I backpedaled.  "Can't you just teleport to him, teleport him back here, and slap some handcuffs on him or something?"

The General glared at me in response.  Then he nodded toward Gus, who said, "Azraal could easily teleport himself back in an instant.  And I think you've been down here long enough to realize that handcuffs are useless on demons."

"Fine," I said.  "What do I need to do?"

"There exists a certain spell," Gavsot began, "that can be used to limit demonic power.  It can keep Azraal from using any of his abilities, including his ability to teleport."

"Okay," I said.  "Another spell.  Sounds good.  What exactly do you need me to do?"

"The spell is more complex than most," the General explained.  "It takes some time to complete and the subject must be contained for the duration of the spellwork."

"So how do we contain him?" I asked, still not understand what my role was going to be.

"Stab him in the heart with a knife dipped in human blood," Gavsot said with vigor.  "This is paralytic to a demon, but temporary.  The effect should last just long enough for the spell to be completed."

I blanched.  "So you want me to stab Azraal?" I asked incredulously.

"Azraal will tear him to bits before he gets close enough," Gus cut in.

Gavsot smiled serenely at Gus.  "That," he said solemnly, "is exactly what I'm counting on."

No comments:

Post a Comment