Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Plan


"First of all," I said, "I'd like to apologize for the mess I made in your entrance hall."

"Not necessary," the General said.  "The pit guards are useless enough, and repairing the wall will give them something to do once they wake up."

"So no hard feelings about their injuries, I hope?" I said.

He shook his head.  "My soldiers are demons.  These were just my guards.  I care little for their well-being."

"Okay," I said.  "Um, good.  In that case, let's discuss the show of force."

"Show of force?" Gus echoed inquisitively.

"Yes," I said.  "Gus, I wanted you here to cut in just in case the plan I'm about to suggest turns out to be crazy or suicidal or something."

He smiled wanly.  "Hell of a job I have," he said softly.

"So what is your plan?" the General asked me.

"General, as Director of Enforcement, do you have any prisons?" I asked.

"Prisons," he said with a curt nod.  "Dungeons, catacombs."

"Good," I replied.  "In that case, I need you and your men to capture and imprison the demon Azraal."  

2 comments:

  1. "Gus, I wanted you >hear< to cut in..."
    I think you meant "here"
    RD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I did indeed. Thanks for another catch!

      Delete