Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sitrep

Gus picked up the office chair that had been tossed across the room and sat down, glad of the opportunity to relax now that he was no longer in charge of Hell or being threatened at knife point.

I pulled out my phone and called General Gavsot.

After a few rings, he picked up.  "Gavsot," he said sharply.  He answered the phone like a badass FBI agent from some TV show. 

"General," I said, "Gus is telling me we've been invaded while I was gone."

"That is correct," he replied.  "Some kind of ancient species unearthed by the Department of Construction."

"So what's the situation?" I asked.

"They ripped us to shreds, but we are currently holding them from advancing," he reported.  "But I do not expect the standoff to last," he admitted grimly.

"Where are you?" I asked.  "I'd like to see for myself.  And help if I can."

"Our current position is just outside the outer edge of sector 248 in the Department of Torture," Gavsot replied.

"Okay," I said.  "I'll be there as soon as I can.  Good luck."

I hung up, closed my eyes, and focused on teleporting to the outer edge of sector 248 in the Department of Torture.  When I opened my eyes, I was still in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment