Friday, March 29, 2013

Making a Deal

"I need more demons," Kivra snarled at me.  "Obviously," she added with contempt.

She had me by the neck.  My toes swung six inches off the ground.  Wyver didn't seem anxious to help.  I didn't appear to be in a position to negotiate.  Plus there was the fact that I was trying to rush to General Gavsot's aid.  Gavsot probably thought I'd fallen into the pit of lava or something.

This was taking too long.

"Fine," I choked.  "You can have your three hundred demons back."  I felt like shit for caving, but Kivra had this power over me and I didn't have time to try and wriggle free of her physical and mental hold on me.  I figured if I made a deal with her quickly I could find a way to weasel out of it later.

But she just laughed at me--as obnoxiously as possible.  She didn't laugh because she thought I'd said something funny--she laughed to dismiss what I'd said with as much humiliation as possible.  She put her sensuous mouth tantalizingly close to mine, opened her smooth lips and blasted me full in the face with the loudest, most forceful laugh of disdain I'd ever had the misfortune to endure.  And I discovered something about Kivra that wasn't overwhelmingly sexy--her breath.

"Three hundred?" she said once she'd finished laughing in my face.  "You owe me more than that after your last little asshole stunt.  My price has gone up.  I want three thousand demons."

She smiled at me.  "And you're going to give them to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment