Friday, August 9, 2013

More Goes Awry

I materialized a moment later in my office, gripping Azraal’s head by what was left of its throat.

Gus abruptly stood up from behind my desk, his eyes wide.  “Whoa, boss-man,” he said slowly, “Is that a head?”

“No, it’s a collectible lunchbox, you imbecile,” Azraal snapped.  I think getting decapitated may have put him in a sour mood.

“Bro,” Gus breathed reverently, “Did you chop off Azraal’s head?”

I was about to tell him that I did, when Azraal muttered, “More like brutally ripped off my head.”

“Things seem to have taken several different turns for the worse,” I told Gus grimly, as Azraal murmured something about me having all the precision of a blind one-armed spinal surgeon.

“Yeah, it’s one shitstorm after another,” Gus said.

I nodded.  “Where are Torvin and Gavsot?”

Gus furrowed his brow.  “What do you mean?  I don’t know.”

“They didn’t just teleport in a minute ago?” I asked, my blood pressure rising rapidly.  What did Torvin do?  How could he have messed up such a simple order? 

Gus shook his head.  “I haven’t seen Torvin since you took him back to rescue the General.  I have no idea where they are.”


I was pissed and I needed to hurt something, so I hurled Azraal’s head against the wall.  He probably exclaimed in pain, but it was drowned out by my own growl of frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment