Monday, September 2, 2013

Enlisting More Help

We were prepared to go.  Gus was holding Azraal’s head.  A reluctant Torvin and a resolute Jorge were standing beside me.  I suddenly felt stupid.

“Hey,” I said slowly, “Does anybody know how to get to the Department of Development?”

“It’s past the Department of Transportation,” Gus said.  “Let’s start by going there.”

I felt stupid again.  “I’m the only one here who can teleport, aren’t I?”

“I can teleport,” Torvin said meekly.

“I’m the only one here who can teleport,” I amended, “effectively, and with a passenger.”

“Would you like me to call one of my aides to assist us?” Jorge suggested.

“Yeah, that’d be super,” I said, mentally kicking myself for horrible planning.

He pulled out his phone and made a brief call.  Moments later, a demon appeared next to me.  She was short, slim, and hot pink.  And she was naked.  Thankfully, her petite body wasn’t nearly so distracting as Kivra’s or Sylnie’s.  But she made up for it by being insanely cute—for a demon, anyway.  She was the first demon I’d seen that made me want to pinch her cheeks.

“Thank you for coming, Jaelin,” Jorge said.  “We need your help traveling to the Department of Development.”

“Okay,” she said.  Even her voice was cute.  “What do you need?”

“I need you to teleport me there,” I said, stammering slightly.  “So that I can see it and teleport there myself.  Then I need you to come back here and take Jorge there with you.  Can you do that?”

“Sure,” she said.  “Now?”


“Yeah,” I started to say, but halfway through the syllable, she grabbed my arm and shot us halfway across Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment