Wednesday, October 9, 2013

On Board

The four of us teleported to the cable car station at the edge of the lake of fire.  It took us a few minutes of shoving our way through the milling crowd of tormented souls before we managed to board a car.  Gus slid the door shut and the Low-Order Demon who was driving the thing led us out of the station. 

I stood behind the driver.  “We need to get to the First Circle,” I told him.  “Sector 38.  You know where that is?”

The driver nodded wordlessly.

“Great,” I said, shouting over the rush of wind.  “Can you take us there?”

The driver nodded again.

“How long will it take us to get there?” I asked.

The driver shrugged.

“I bet you’re loads of fun at parties,” I said.  He gave me a long, droll glance before turning to face forward again.

“So I just want to review the plan real quick,” Gus said when I returned to the rear of the car.  “We find this Quinn guy, you stab him, and then what?”

“Then we find a doctor,” I said.

“What, and stab him too?” Gus asked.

I shrugged.  “He’s already dead.  How much damage can we do?”

Gus considered that for a moment.  “Good point,” he admitted.  “In the meantime, though, Halkkor is steamrolling across the lower sections of the Department of Torture.  What do we do if this doesn’t work?”

I shook my head.  “I have no idea.  I don’t even know where to begin looking for more information on how to kill those things.”


“Then it had damn well better work,” Gus said grimly.

No comments:

Post a Comment