Monday, November 11, 2013

Take Two

I threw open the door to Exam Room 316.  The demon named Reuttiger, seated behind a desk, looked up in surprise.  The trembling 40-year-old man sitting in the comically tiny chair in front of him, turned around to stare at me in horror.

I was the devil, sure, but I looked way more pissed than usual.  My presence was probably significantly more imposing than usual, too.  I enjoyed the fear in his eyes.  It made me feel like I was really growing into my role as the King of Hell.

“Did you murder your whole family?” I barked at the man.

“Well,” he stammered pitifully.  “I mean, I wouldn’t really say that I murdered them, per se…”

“He did,” Reuttiger clarified.  “Yeah, he totally did.”

“Cool,” I said.  So I stabbed him in the heart, stepped outside, and closed the door to block out his agonized screams.

Just then, one of the sexy demon-nurses who leads the souls from the waiting room to their exam rooms walked past with human nurse I’d stabbed earlier in tow. 

“’Scuse me,” I murmured at the woman.  “Real quick, here, lemme just—” and I jabbed her in the side with my knife. 

“Dammit!” she shrieked, clutching her bleeding flank.  “Again!?” 

“The perfect timing couldn’t be ignored,” I explained.  The demon-nurse chuckled.  “Gotta go!” I said and teleported away.  I quickly performed my trick over the lake of fire a second time and then returned to the lake by the campground.  Seconds later, I was back in the battlefield, choosing my next test subject.

5 comments:

  1. I missed yesterday's update, so I was a bit confused when I started this one. I also have to admit that I'm enjoying how gleefully sadistic Jason is becoming.
    RD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he might be growing into the role a little. You know what thet say about how power corrupts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. That poor nurse. :) I agree with RD -- I am kind of getting a kick out of cranky Devil Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say, I hope we see more of the Nurse, should be fun to see what she did exactly to get landed in Hell then stabbed by the Devil. Twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure we'll bump into her again at some point!

      Delete