Friday, December 6, 2013

Consensus

“So we’re all agreed on arming the Pit Guards, then?” I asked.  “Gus?  Sylnie?”

Sylnie, who’d been silent the entire time, held her hands up, palms outward, to abstain from the discussion.  “We’re non-combatants, Boss-Man,” Gus said.  “Office staff.  This kind of stuff is pretty much just academic for us.”

“Well, don’t hesitate to speak up if you come up with any good ideas,” I reminded them. 

“What about Torvin?” Jaelin asked, nudging him with her elbow.  “Any insights?”

Torvin shot her a glare.  “Me?  You’re joking.”

Reluctantly, I admitted, “It’s the bottom of the ninth, Torvin.  No idea is too stupid.”

“Like you’d listen to me if I had anything to say,” he pouted.

“Do you have anything to say?” I asked.

“No,” he replied scathingly.  “But that’s not the point.”

I rolled my eyes.  “Great.  In that case, I’m going to talk to Tithenai and see if I can verify some of the information we used to plan our attack.  General Gavsot, please return to your army and inform them of our new strategy.”  Gavsot nodded crisply and disappeared.  “I’ll see you all in a minute,” I said, and teleported out.

I appeared a few feet behind Tithenai’s couch, interrupting her game of Resident Evil.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, good. More Tithenai. She's so creepy and weird. I kind of love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She's, uh...yeah, weird is a good word.

      Delete
  2. I've been trying to figure out if there was some kind of theme to the game she is playing to the situation at hand or if it is just random
    RD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's hidden symbolism in there for those clever enough to decipher it!

      Nah, there's no rhyme or reason. She plays whatever she feels like playing, although she's not really a fan of RPGs.

      Delete