Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Point of Convergence

When I teleported back to my office again, my phone rang.  It was General Gavsot.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“My scouts report that the army of Lucifer’s Firstborn has staged a surprise attack on sector 143 of the Department of Torture.  The damned souls have been evacuated, but the Firstborn are slaughtering the Pit Guards and demons who were in the area,” he informed me.

“Okay, let me know if anything changes,” I said.

“They are progressing more quickly,” he said urgently.

“Yeah, I know, but Malkino’s getting an army of Pit Guards together,” I told him.  “We’ll be ready to hit Halkkor soon.”

“Good,” he said.  “My demons will be ready.”

I hung up and looked around.  Gus, Jaelin and Torvin were all looking at me.  Gus spoke up first.  “So what’s next, Boss-Man?”

“Now I need Jaelin and Torvin to get a whole bunch of extra weapons from the armory so we can distribute them to the Pit Guards and get them mixed in with the Firstborn-killing blades,” I said. 

“We can do that,” Jaelin said.  “I’m assuming you want them delivered somewhere?”

“An excellent question,” I said.  Instead of answering, I pulled out my phone and dialed the number for my brand new Director of Torture.  “Malkino?”

“What is it?” he responded.  His voice even sounded silky smooth over the phone.

“Do you have a map of your Department somewhere?” I asked.

He paused for a moment.  “Yes, there’s one here in my office.”

“Look at sector 143,” I told him.  “If Halkkor’s army is working its way through that region, what’s the next sector they’d go through that has lots of space for an army?”

“Sector 142 is shaped kind of like a fishhook,” he said.  “But 141 has some wide open spaces.”
Making eye contact with Jaelin as I spoke, I said, “Great.  Send your Pit Guards to sector 141.  That’s where we’ll make our stand.”  Jaelin nodded.  She and Torvin teleported away to get more weapons.

This was all starting to come together.  I was almost trembling with excitement.  And maybe a little terror.

4 comments:

  1. And who wants to bet that it is not going to go smoothly? No Christmas miracle for Jason. On that note, it kind of makes me wonder how heaven sees him.
    RD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT is an excellent question...

      Delete
  2. Just thought of something else; could he teleport a damned soul to Earth as a knock-off revive dead, just for kicks. Start a zombie apocalypse or something. Could be interesting way to kill time once he stops getting attacked by primordial beings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, interesting idea for another story...the devil gets bored and decides to instigate a zombie apocalypse. Nice!

      I guess I haven't really addressed this directly, but based on the unwritten concepts I've ironed out in my head...yeah, you could do that. Not that it's advisable, of course.

      Delete