Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Standoff

Kivra appeared surprised for a moment but recovered her wits speedily.  “Jaelin!” she said with false joviality.  “It’s been a while!  Where’ve you been?”

A facial tic betraying a trace of shame, Jaelin said, “I’ve been working in Transportation.”

“Ah, yes,” Kivra replied patronizingly.  “Working under a human.  How humiliating for you.”

“Fuck you,” Jaelin sneered.  The two of them continued glaring at each other as Kivra’s goons watched warily in the background.

“Oh, come on,” Kivra said with a broad, sinister grin.  “You can’t possibly still be mad at me over what’s-his-name.”

“This isn’t about that,” Jaelin replied swiftly.  “The Devil has a plan to destroy Halkkor’s army.  You need to listen.”

“I don’t take orders from you, you whiny little cunt,” Kivra spat.  Her language claimed a sense of superiority, but her body language showed how seriously she took Jaelin as a threat.

Without taking her eyes from her adversary, Jaelin called out to me, “Sir, do you want me to save you some time and just kill this little slut?”

I was this close to witnessing the hottest catfight ever.  Though Kivra’s hold over me had diminished since Jaelin burst in to save my neck, I still floundered to come up with a course of action.

A dark brown female demon teleported in a few feet behind Kivra.  “Mistress,” she announced, “I regret to inform you that Halkkor has refused your terms once again.”

Kivra’s eyes blazed with an almost palpable rage.

4 comments:

  1. "took Jaelin as a threat."><"Without taking her eyes..."
    Formatting again. I think you want an extra space there to match the rest of the body
    RD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kivra, you bitch. Not that I didn't know that already, but...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Demons can be so untrustworthy.

      Delete