Friday, February 28, 2014

The Last Straw

"Kivra's approach didn't work out for her in the end," I reminded Diseppia.  "She's been removed from a position of power and she's currently incarcerated in the Department of Enforcement."

"Oh, right, and nobody ever breaks out of there, right?" she scoffed.

"I am quite sure you would not," Gavsot bristled. 

"It's true that Azraal escaped from the Department of Enforcement," I admitted.  "But that didn't work out for him either.  His body is still imprisoned and his head is in my office.  He's completely impotent."

"He's not the only one," Diseppia quipped. 

"Would you shut the fuck up already?" I bellowed dementedly.  Suddenly I had the complete attention of the entire room.  "I really don't give a shit if you think I deserve to rule Hell or not.  I don't give a shit if you think you're so much better than me because you're so much older.  And I definitely don't give a flying brimstone-reeking fuck if you don't want to be here right now.  You'll shut up and you'll deal with it and if you don't I'll just decapitate you too and see how you enjoy being completely impotent."

She glowered at me for a long time.  Then she sat back and said, "Okay."

"Okay?!" I returned, still furious and not quite sure how to react to her unexpected acquiescence.

"Okay," she repeated.

"Okay," I asserted.  "Okay then. Good."

A few moments passed in confused stillness.

She raised her eyebrows.  "So are you gonna get started here or what?" she prompted.  "I told you, I have shit to do.  I don't want to be here all day."

"Yes," I said, completely baffled.  "Right.  Well.  Yes, let's get started then."

"Okay," Diseppia said.

1 comment:

  1. Damn it stop trying to get the last word and get on with the giant rant that leaves no one any room to retaliate with any words whatsoever like a true villain.

    ReplyDelete