Monday, March 10, 2014

Locating the Perpetrator

Sylnie did not have the ability to teleport so I took her with me when Jaelin and I transported ourselves to Jorge’s office.  The Chilean Director was deeply engaged in what appeared to be a very opinionated but very hushed discussion with one of his aides.  When he saw us appear, he finished his thought, clapped the demon reassuringly on the shoulder, and sent him away.

“Sir,” Jorge said with a respectful nod in my direction.  “To what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Do you know a demon named Sebrev?” I asked.

“Yes I do,” he replied, sitting down behind his desk and leaning back comfortably in his chair.  “He’s one of my aides.  Why?”

“A group of masked demons attacked two of my aides and took one of them hostage,” I said.  “I have reason to believe that Sebrev was one of the attackers.”

“You have reason to believe?” Jorge said dubiously.

“Jaelin recognized his voice,” I explained.

Jorge nodded.  He glanced over at Jaelin and registered some shock at the wound on her face.  Though the gash was healing, it was clear that it had once been deep and bloody.  “Sebrev is not on duty at present,” he said.  “I don’t think he would have done this.”

“Tell me where he is and I’ll find out for sure,” I replied impatiently.

“Of course,” Jorge retreated.  He pressed the intercom on his desk.  “Nuver, can you send someone in please?”  A moment later, the door opened and one of Jorge’s aides stepped inside.

“Wyver,” Jorge said, “Take the Devil and his aides down to our barracks and help them locate Sebrev’s bunk.”

Wyver nodded crisply.  “I live to serve,” he replied dryly. 

“It’s great to see you again,” I lied.  “So many wonderful memories.”

He rolled his eyes.  “We can go whenever you’re ready.”

No comments:

Post a Comment