Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sebrev

Once Jaelin returned with a nice heavy broadsword, we sent Sylnie into the stacks to scope out a location for our ambush.  After a few moments, she hurried back to us by the check-out counter to report.

“He’s still in that same aisle he went into a minute ago,” she told us.  “Seventh one down.  He’s alone.”

“Good,” I said.  “That might make this a little simpler.  Give me a minute to disable him and then you two can join me for the interrogation, okay?”  Jaelin agreed reluctantly and I whisked myself away.

I appeared at the end of the seventh colossal bookshelf and peered stealthily down its length.  Sebrev was standing fifty yards down the row.  He had selected a thin volume which he was now examining very closely.  He was so engrossed in the book that he didn’t see me pull out the sword.

With my mind, I held the sword suspended in the air, parallel to the ground.  Then I sent it darting forward with all the speed I could pack behind it.  Its movement must have registered in Sebrev’s peripheral vision because he turned toward it at the last second, but he didn’t have enough time to fully react.  With a thick crunch I heard all the way at the end of the aisle, the sword ripped Sebrev’s head from his shoulders and severed his ability to translocate his body. 

I teleported over to him as he lay powerless in a quickly spreading pool of blood.  Jaelin appeared next to me with Sylnie in tow.  The three of us glared down at him as he stared back up at us with undisguised horror drawn across his features. 

“Hello, Sebrev,” Jaelin snarled menacingly, clearly relishing the opportunity to confront one of her attackers.  “We need to talk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment