Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Giving Out Orders

This situation seemed to be getting worse at every turn.

“Good work, Gus,” I said appreciatively.  I immediately wheeled on Jaelin.  “What the fuck were you thinking?  Taking a demon to the Realm of the Living?  Especially one like Torvin?”

“Hey, it was a mistake, okay?” she fired back.  “And Torvin’s a lot tougher than you give him credit for.”

Sylnie put a calming hand on her arm.  “Nothing against Torvin,” she said quietly.  “But that was a bad call and you know it.”  Jaelin scowled but fell silent.

“Okay, here’s what we’re going to do,” I said.  “I’m going to take two demons up to the Living Realm.  We’re going to take a look around, we’re going to stop an invasion if there is one.  If we can’t stop it, we’ll know what we’re up against when we come back for reinforcements.”

“I’m staying here to find Torvin,” Jaelin said.

“No, you’re not,” I told her firmly.  “You’ve already taken one stupid risk for that guy, and I don’t need you taking any more.  I need you with me when I go up to take a look around because, let’s face it, you know how to kick some ass.”

“No,” Jaelin said stubbornly.  “I need to find Torvin.”

“That’s what Gavsot is going to do,” I said.  “General, you’ll take over Sebrev’s interrogation.  I need you to find out as much as you can about the organization, who’s in it, and what they’re planning.  If you learn anything about Torvin or Tithenai, you’ll be in charge of rescuing them as well.”

“Yes, sir,” Gavsot said.

“Jaelin, please trust me.  The search for Torvin is in very capable hands.”  She glared at me but said nothing.

“Gus,” I continued, “I’m assuming you still have qualms about being temporary Devil?”

“Obviously,” he blurted.  “I mean, obviously, yes, sir.”

“Then I’ll call Jorge,” I said.  “He’ll do it.”

“So who else are you taking with you to the Living Realm?” Sylnie said hopefully.

“Sorry, I can’t take you,” I told her.  She heaved a sigh and nodded knowingly.  “I would, except I need someone who can teleport.  In fact, I think I need some serious firepower.” 

I sat down at my desk and began drawing up a Satanic Order.

3 comments:

  1. He could take Kivra. Not like she could do anymore damage than anyone else.
    RD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. That would get ugly!

      ...although she doea have the firepower.

      Delete