Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Talamur

“I don’t believe it,” Jaelin continued, awestruck and emotional.  “It’s Talamur.  It’s actually Talamur.”

“Who the hell is Talamur?” I asked.

Fikhos seemed as confused as I was by Jaelin’s apparent tears of joy.  “He was the Director of Torture before Kivra,” he said.

“He was my lover,” Jaelin corrected passionately.  “The one being I ever cared about as much as I care about myself.  I haven’t seen him in centuries.”

That seemed like a long time to be apart, and on some level I understood her sense of longing, but I still didn’t grasp what was going on.  “Why not?”

Jaelin ignored me and teleported across the street, next to the tall brown demon who was beating the crap out of the smaller purple one. 

“Talamur was banished,” Fikhos said quietly.  “A long time ago.  The Devil sent him to the Living Realm and performed a spell barring him from ever returning to Hell.  It was a pretty big deal back in the day.”

“He got kicked out of Hell?” I asked, staring at Jaelin as she and Talamur shared an intimate embrace and Talamur’s victim writhed on the grass in agony.  “What did he do?”

“Not sure,” Fikhos said with a shrug.  “It was all kind of…hush-hush.”

"Are you telling me nobody gossips in Hell?" I asked with a grin.

"Well, sure," he admitted.  "But this was an unusual case.  Very shocking.  It didn't get discussed because we were all scared shitless at the time.  It was a pretty big power play by that Devil.  Most of us had never even heard that such a spell existed, let alone seen it used on anyone."

I gazed at Jaelin and Talamur, who were kissing so deeply that I was seriously worried that they were about to have sex on the spot.  "Well," I said.  "I guess we should probably stay focused on the task at hand."

"Yeah," Fikhos agreed.  "Yeah, that'd be good."

1 comment: