Monday, May 26, 2014

Kivra's Cell

I couldn't help but gloat a little at seeing Kivra in such humble circumstances.  "Now Kivra," I pretended to chide her, "Is that any way to greet an old friend?"

"Cute," she said.  "Arrogance doesn't look good on you.  I liked you better as a scared little boy."

"Yeah, well, you would," I retorted.  "Scared little boys don't usually fight back against someone who's manipulating them."

"But they're so easy to manipulate," she replied almost wistfully.  "So to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"  Clearly she was being sarcastic.

"I need some information about a few things," I said.

"And you just expect me to tell you everything you want to know?" she said flatly.  "You know, out of the goodness of my heart and a deeply emotional concern for your personal success?"

"No, I was expecting you to act out of self-preservation," I told her.  "I imprisoned you instead of killing you.  I didn't have to be that merciful and you know it."

"So you want me to tell you things, but if I don't you'll kill me?" she scoffed.  "So I don't tell you, then you kill me, and then we both lose.  It's an empty threat."

"I'd forgotten how much I hated dealing with you," I told her.

"Oh, that's offensive," she replied, not missing a beat.  "How will my little heart withstand your insensitive verbal barbs?"  She feigned supreme sadness.  "I may actually perish of heartbreak."

"Fine," I snapped.  "So, just so we're clear, you're not going to tell me anything about some creepy secret organization of demons who dress in masks and dark cloaks and seem to like fucking up my shit?"

She laughed.  "Sounds like you're in way over your head, boy!"

In a flash, I teleported over her, forcing my arm to occupy the space halfway up her left thigh.  Her severed leg fell dully to the floor.  "Start talking," I growled at her.

Struggling against the chains at her wrists, she managed to heave her firm body against me and send me staggering back.  "You listen to me, you pompous little pus pocket," she growled, bristling with venomous indignation.  "I'm not giving you anything, whether I have something to give or not.  You've lied and cheated and manipulated me just as much as I've toyed with you but you call yourself the victim.  You shitcanned me, sapped me of my power and imprisoned me here and you call it benevolence.  Nothing that I want is worth giving you anything that you want.  You'll get fucking nothing from me except a promise that I will get out of here and I will fucking annihilate you."

As I stared at her, utterly nonplussed, the door to the cell creaked open.  A wrinkly pit guard entered, carrying a bucket and spear and whistling softly to himself.  He stopped whistling abruptly when he noticed me.

"I'm…sorry," he croaked, his eyes falling warily upon Kivra's detached leg.  "I just need to administer her limiting cocktail.  Am I…uh…interrupting something?"

"Apparently not," I said.  I gave Kivra a final glare.  "Good luck with the leg," I quipped before disappearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment