Friday, June 20, 2014

Bad News, Good News

"Jaelin!" Torvin exclaimed.  "How are you?  I missed you so much!"

"Good to see you," she replied with a slight nod.  Torvin was clearly confused by her tepid reception.  She turned to me. "I have news."

"Great," I said.  "Good news or bad news?"

"It depends on how you look at it," she said.

"And how will I look at it?"

"Bad news," she admitted.  "There's a group of about fifty demons destroying one of your human settlements."

"What?"

She patiently repeated herself.  "There's a group of about fifty—"

"No, I heard you," I cut her off.  "But how could that possibly be a good thing?"

She smiled dreamily.  "Talamur and I have been working together to fight them and it's brought us so much closer."

Torvin's eyes went wide.  "Who's Talamur?"

"It's just like old times," Jaelin continued with a contented sigh.  "Fighting alongside each other, laughing together…there's something so erotic about uninhibited violence when you're with the one you love."

"The one you love?" Torvin echoed fearfully.  "Who is this Talamur guy, anyway?"

"You're sick," I told her half-seriously.  "And I don't mean love sick.  I mean you're not well, and you're contagious, and you're making me feel sick."  I paused.  It was probably a good idea to move past this and get to the important stuff.  "Where is this invasion?  What town are they attacking this time?"

"And more importantly, who's Talamur?" Torvin cut in.

Jaelin ignored him and chose to answer me instead.  "I don't know the area very well, but Talamur says it's a place called…High Peter Quincy School?"

"Peter Quincy High School?" I blurted.

"Yeah, that's it," she said.

"Demons are attacking my high school?" I shrilled incredulously.  "Seriously?"

"Will somebody please tell me who Talamur is?!" Torvin shrieked.

2 comments:

  1. So how is this going to play out? He fights the demons off then burns down the place to celebrate?
    RD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll probably invite Alice Cooper to the afterparty.

      Delete