Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Recuperation

"You look like mostly shit," Talamur commented, extending an arm to help me up.

"You think this is bad," I grunted, "You should've seen me a few minutes ago.  So what's the situation here, exactly?"

"Demons are attacking," he said simply.  "A lot more than there were the last time, though.  Jaelin left to get you.  Where is she?"

I shook my head.  "I don't know," I said, wincing.  My neck seemed to have a relatively minor injury and the movement sent a sharp pang up into my skull.  I was still healing my more urgent wounds, so I'd have to fix my neck later.  "We didn't teleport in together, so she's probably somewhere nearby.  I was with Torvin.  Did you see him?"

"Who?"

"Torvin," I repeated, remembering that they hadn't met.  "Demon?  Dusty brown?  A little on the short side?  He was right next to me when I got blown up."

"Sorry, I didn't see anyone," Talamur said.  He waved his hand in the direction of the burning school.  "There's a lot going on, though, so it would have been easy for me to have missed him."

What looked like a glass bottle went hurtling across the sky in front of us.  Just before it reached an intact section of the building, a fireball shot out from below and destroyed it, showering the roof in flames.

"Great," I said.  "Demonic Molotov cocktails."

"We do love our fire," Talamur grinned.  "Big part of our cultural heritage and all that."

"We'd better get to work," I said.  "We need to stop this before they burn down the whole town."

"Agreed," he said.  "What do you want me to do?"

"I honestly have no idea," I said grimly.  "Let's just wing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment